Manufacture - Unknown. c.Built 1913
Cylinder - 8" Bore & 8" Stroke
Governor - Non
Flywheel - ft Diameter
Transmission - Pump on a common crank shaft
This engine was used by Kayser Ellison Co. (later Sanderson Kayser), to pump water from the River Don (in the east end of Sheffield) for general use around their works. This was a common practice, but very few people now take water directly from the River.
Although the manufacture of the pump is unknown, it is known that it was supplied by Taskers (of Sheffield). Taskers are not known as engine manufacturers.
Back to Engines of Site